Why is a pillow cover necessary?
When you lie down on your bed and rest your head on the pillow, it’s the softness of the pillow cover that greets you and relaxes you even further. A pillow cover is an essential part of your bed linens. It protects the pillow against wear and tear, increasing its shelf-life. What’s more, a pillow cover will block fluids, moisture, dust mites, bed bugs and stains from penetrating your pillow. What’s more, it will keep allergens at bay so that you can enjoy sound and peaceful sleep every night. Pillow covers come in different sizes and are available in numerous colours, styles and patterns. You can buy pillow covers individually but they usually come as a set with the bedsheet.
Difference between pillow cover and pillow protector
Many people assume that pillow covers and pillow protectors are one and the same. In reality, there are certain subtle differences that set the two apart. While a pillow cover does provide protection to some extent, it fulfills more of an aesthetic purpose. A pillow protector is like a pillowcase except that it zips shut. Since it is enclosed from all sides, the pillow is completely protected from allergens like pet dander, pollen and dust mites. You can have a pillow protector and a pillow cover on top but it entirely depends on your personal preference.
What to look for when you buy pillow covers online?
When you buy pillow covers online, certain factors play a vital role. First and foremost, the fabric is essential. Cotton is the preferred fabric since it is breathable and soft. Another factor that comes into play is durability. When you are investing in pillow covers, you want them to last for a long time to come without wear and tear or going dull too soon. Make sure to also read all the specifications mentioned in the product description - size, colour, fabric, care and maintenance, thread count, etc. Also, read the reviews. The reviews are a great way of a consumer knowing what the experience has been like for other consumers and if the product is worth the price.
What is the best pillow cover?
The best pillow cover will be the one that is the right size for your pillow and offers great comfort. Check the thread count as well since that will help determine the quality of the pillow covers. The fabric should be breathable, hypoallergenic, antiviral
and anti-bacterial so that it is doing complete justice to the price. But at the end of the day, the choice of fabric and additional qualities depends on your personal preference and budget.
Materials used for pillow covers
- Cotton:Cotton is the most popular choice for pillow covers. It is cool, absorbent and absorbent. What’s more, it is easy on the pockets and can fit almost any budget.
- Nylon:Nylon is another common choice. It is a more affordable replacement for silk since it can dry faster and is easy to clean. But since it is not an absorbent material.
- Linen:Linen is a high quality, natural flax product which is lightweight and breathable. There are not many places that manufacture linen pillow covers but the fabric is great for places with perpetually high temperatures.
- Satin:Satin is more of a luxurious choice. It is smooth and does wonders for your skin and hair. Want to avoid wrinkles? Get a satin pillow cover!
- Silk:Silk is a natural fabric with the same benefits as satin. The difference is that silk is more of a premium fabric that requires great care and attention.
Care and maintenance of pillow covers
- Since the pillow cover comes in contact with your hair and skin, it is likely that a great deal of residue (such as dead skin) will be on the pillow cover. Before putting the pillow cover for wash, use a little bit of liquid soap to brush off this residue.
- Pillow covers are generally washed in hot water but make sure you read the tag once for washing instructions.
- While drying the pillow covers, consider air drying them for freshness. Make sure they are completely dry so that it does not become a breeding ground for mould and mildew.
- Rotate your pillow covers regularly and frequently so that they all can maintain their freshness. To make them last longer, consider showering before bed, removing all traces of makeup, have them professionally cleaned once in a while, etc.
Why choose SPACES?
Made from premium quality fabrics, ultra-soft and breathable pillow covers from SPACES
make an integral addition to your bedroom linen. Available in various subtle colours, the SPACES pillow covers are crafted to suit the needs and preferences across all age groups. To buy pillow covers online was never this easy with tons of options to choose from only at SPACES.in. If you want further details on types, benefits and prominent features, visit our blog